possible 2010 tournament in munich, germany (october)

Ideas, info, suggestions and locations
EWQMinesweeper

possible 2010 tournament in munich, germany (october)

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

[ EDITOR NOTE: Tournament was held 9/10 October 2010 - http://www.minesweeper.info/tournaments/Munich2010.html ]

i found an internetcafe at munich central station, which has as of now only 10 PCs but they will soon get 8 more. more importantly they will open another shop, ~5min away from central station, with about 40 computers in the next 2 weeks. today i've talked with their boss about having a minesweeper tournament there in october and he said it'd be no problem for them. i also talked with damien about it and said any weekend in october would work for him. i suggest october 9, although oktoberfest ends the weekend before and you'd miss it, simply because it is almost impossible to find a room for all the participants during oktoberfest. saturday october 16, 23 or 30 most likely would work out too. right now i'm just asking which date fits best with your schedules.

people that declared interest so far:

damien, arsen, joni, bertie (all 9th, 16th, 23rd or 30th october), roman (9th or 16th), edu (9th), stevan (30th), stephan (9th, 16th or 30th)

less sure: oli (16th, 23rd, 30th), michael (9th), janis (all), christoph (-)
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“
EWQMinesweeper

Re: possible 2010 tournament in munich, germany (october)

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

Munich Open, 2010 Minesweeper World Championship
The first minesweeper competition in Germany will take place in Munich (Bavaria) on 9 October 2010. I will post more details here soon. So far the plan is to use the Clone for a sum of 5 Expert and 5 Intermediate games...Just the same as last year in Stirling. Munich is all but a small city. Besides lots of sights and museums Munich has also a lot of culture to offer. Do i have to mention the pubs and that i already have a bowling centre in mind?

Please contact me at fritz at dieloehrer dot de.

Getting to Munich
The earlier you book flights the cheaper they are. There are direct flights to and from Munich International Airport (MUC) for over 200 destinations. Ryanair also covers Memmingen-Airport (also known as Munich-west)

Arriving in Munich
Munich International Airport - The airport is located about 20km away from the city centre. Munich Airport is connected to the city by Munich suburban railway lines S1 and S8. (It costs about EUR 5 and take 45 minutes).

Arriving in Memmingen
Memmingen Airport - Take a shuttle bus to Memmingen Bahnhof. (It costs Eur 2.50 and takes 15 minutes). The take the train from Memmingen Bahnhof to München Hauptbahnhof. (It cost EUR 20 and takes 90-110 minutes). Or you use the Allgäu Airport Express and take a bus for the whole 110 km to Munich. (It costs EUR 18 and takes 90 minutes).

Acommodation
Please talk to me before you book a place to stay. I am booking a large room (14 beds) at a local hostel, but you can also get rooms on your own if you want. Just send me an email.

Participants:
Top 10 - Manuel Heider (Germany)
Top 10 - Damien Moore (Scotland / Canada)
Top 10 - Fritz Loehr (Germany)
Top 10 - Roman Gammel (Russia)
Top 20 - Thomas Kolar (Austria)
Top 40 - Bertie Seyffert (South Africa)
Top 40 - Arsen Balishyan (Russia)
Top 70 - Stephan Bechtel (Germany)
Top 90 - Rupert Foggo McKay (United Kingdom)
Top 90 - Eduard Cros (Spain)
Top125 - Jonian Grazhdani (Albania)
Top130 - Christoph Nikolaus (Austria)
Not ranked - Stephan Geiger (Germany)

Players planning to come - as of 1Oct2010
Not ranked - Dennis Elbrächter (Germany)

Prizes
Will be announced later. Only have trophies planned so far....
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“
daniel

Post by daniel »

hey [name removed],
great idea to organize this tournament...i will also try to come as it's the last weekend inside the semester holidays (so-called "lecture-free time") - but i'm not very active atm and nowhere next to my best times (dunno when i played the last game)...nevertheless i visit the guestbook everytime i open firefox;)
i'm just very keen on getting to know all the other addicts...
greetings from hanover
daniel
EWQMinesweeper

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

hi daniel, haven't heard anything from you in a while. i still remember when we were eagerly trying to beat each others intermediate records :) . it's great to read that you're still ckecking the guestbook so frequently. looking forward to meeting you in munich.
EWQMinesweeper

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

what do you think of this logo?

bertie asked if i could make t-shirts for the tourny and this is what i would suggest as logo. the original motive i made is about 14cm*24cm and if i ordered t-shirts online they'd cost 15 euro (maybe some shops in munich might do it for less money though). who of you would like a t-shirt with this logo? black or white shirt?
Attachments
logo.JPG
logo.JPG (91.83 KiB) Viewed 10237 times
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

I like it :)

And I definetly want a t-shirt, and yay for suggesting black :)
Don't anthropomorphize computers - they don't like it.
joni

Post by joni »

hahaha really nerdy and cool at the same time! i want a black one too ;)
EWQMinesweeper

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

what i forgot to ask: which size?
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

s-xs for me 8-)
Don't anthropomorphize computers - they don't like it.