Arbiter development

Area to discuss development and bugs of official clones (Clone, Arbiter, MSX, Viennasweeper)
Cryslon

Arbiter development

Post by Cryslon »

The current version is 0.52.3!

Suggestions that probably won't be implemented:
a) custom skins
b) make pop-ups optional
c) remove 'custom' labels during play

Please report the bugs you notice!

If you want to tune something, it's probably worth to spend several minutes on understanding my broken english and read version.txt!

Current AVFTools version is 0.4, last update 2012-10-23.

Arbiter 0.48 sources are now available for download. You need Delphi <=7 and Delphi component called "LMD Tools" to compile it. Good luck!

---- original post below ----

Well, seems a lot of people have arbiter sources, and imho we should try to avoid arbiter splitting into different branches.

I made some bug-fixes and the latest version in my branch is called '0.47 debug 4'. I tried to attach it here, but this *censored* forum doesn't allow neither files bigger than 256 kb, nor splitted archives. And i don't know any decent filehosters, so all i can post is this damned link: (link to nowhere).

Curtis Bright also fixed some bugs: EDIT: link removed, since curtis' patch is already implemented in d7

Hopefully we'll merge these things into one version soon.

And why this section is called 'Clone'? There are more clones than one!
Last edited by Cryslon on Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:49 pm, edited 50 times in total.
Go IRC! (try mibbit)
Tommy

Re: Arbiter development

Post by Tommy »

Hi, I uploaded arbiter 0.47 debug 4 to my webspace at my old school, the link is http://home.popperschule.at/tkolar/arbiter_0_47_d4.rar

Have fun ;)
Don't anthropomorphize computers - they don't like it.
RonnyDeWinter

Post by RonnyDeWinter »

Good to see some improvements being made. Keep up the good work
NF 1 (0.96) + NF 15 (14.20) + NF 61 (60.18)

All my minesweeper records
Cryslon

Post by Cryslon »

Debug 5 released. Hopefully Tommy will upload it soon...

Debug <=4 contain serious bug: it saves corrupted video if you clicked 'Preview Replay' before saving. So switch immediately!
Go IRC! (try mibbit)
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Whoops, sorry about that, good thing I decided to look in here before going to sleep.

LINK REMOVED by EWQMinesweeper (no need for d5 when d7 is out ;) )

Don't hesitate to spam me until I do that next time Cryslon ;) I read my email much more frequently than this forum.
RonnyDeWinter

Post by RonnyDeWinter »

Cryslon, since you seem to be the lead programmer at the moment of the Arbiter project I think it's best to ask you to implement this idea, if you agree.

Because more than one person has received the source code recently it has become very unclear to the public who has it and who hasn't. This could easily result in conspiracies and speculations about abuse of this source code. For this reason I think it's best that before any debug versions are turned into a new release build of Arbiter the following is changed:
1) The amount of programmers that have the final source is reduced to 1 or at most 2 programmers, so it's clear who has the source code and who doesn't.
2) If more people want to add changes, let them make these changes in the source code that is now available and send the changes to the lead programmer(s), but make sure they don't get the final source code.
3) The new Arbiter should store its vids in a significantly different format than all 0.46 and 0.47 versions (unknown to anybody but the lead programmer(s)), so if claims occur about possible fake vids made using the old source code, they can easily be proven wrong.

EWQMinesweeper

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

@ronny: as far as i know not too many people have the v46 source code (100% sure: curtis, maksim, kamil, rilian, tommy)
16:06:24 <Cryslon>: rilian wanted to make it open-source and apparently sent the code to some interested people...
i see no reason to mistrust curtis, max and tommy, especially since curtis apparantly sent his changes only to max to implement them, tommy wanted the code only for learning and max himself never sent the source code that featured his changes to anyone...

with problems 1) and 2) solved maybe there is no need to do sth about 3)

1 suggestion to you ronny: max is almost every day online on irc...you can message him suggestions and bug reports no faster than via irc-chat (he's usually online till 10pm CET)
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“
Cryslon

Post by Cryslon »

Right now i'm making the changes alone, and i haven't applied any patches made not by me.

Curtis is almost as elusive as Rodrigo, he responds only to half of my emails, ignoring other half.

About different format: i think that newer videos should be compatible with old Arbiter versions, so the format won't be _significantly_ different. But i could add one more checksum field, so older Arbiters won't notice it. The only drawback is that Clone won't understand such AVFs (since Clone reads the AVF in very odd manner, ignoring important fields and reading that important info from fields addressed to human reader).

And yeah, IRC rules. Join now!
Go IRC! (try mibbit)
RonnyDeWinter

Post by RonnyDeWinter »

Aren't there any bytes in the avf files that are ignored by Clone, but can be used as secret CRC field in the new format? That way you can still watch the vids with Clone, but it would also be possible to detect the origin of the vid.

thefinerminer
Site Admin

Post by thefinerminer »

I fixed the forum so you can upload larger rar and zip files, also changed name of topic to 'Clones'.
Cryslon

Post by Cryslon »

Arbiter debug 6 released.
Last edited by Cryslon on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go IRC! (try mibbit)
Cryslon

Post by Cryslon »

Right click counters in all the existing clones (even in my favourite MSX!) work incorrectly. They count presses of right button, no matter in what circumstances these presses were made. So, if you begin chord with right-press, this chord counts as two clicks: right and double, what is obviously not what you want to see.

This counter bug in Arbiter 0.47 debug 7 is fixed, new Arbiter also contains ClassisRClk and ClassicTotalClk counters which work as old RClk and TotalClk.

The other thing is the Arbiter's definition of effective click. IMHO, click is effective if (and only if) it changes sth on the board. Eg, misflags and unflags are effective clicks since they place and replace the flags. Old Arbiter thought differently, misflags and unflags were counted as ineffective. New Arbiter counts them as effective, but for those who want to create Throughput/Correctness indices with old definitions, there are new basic counters, Misflags and Unflags.

I also applied Curtis' patch for solved 3bv counter, it now works correctly (opening is solved iff all its squares are opened). Thanks Curtis!

There might be bugs around new clicks counters, so please test them. If you know some important bug or annoying feature of Arbiter, please write sth on forum (or in the GB). DO IT SOON (or we might never know about these bugs)!

I think this version can be regarded as 0.47 Final, since no bugs (except history thing) were reported last week, and i hope new counters won't bring serious bugs either.

Happy sweeping!
Last edited by Cryslon on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go IRC! (try mibbit)
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Nice job! :)
abiu

Post by abiu »

Can you add SUPER-FLAG in Debug 8? Thanks ;)
EWQMinesweeper

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

@all: abiu refers to this topic/post: http://www.minesweepergame.com/forum/viewt ... p=471#p471
abiu wrote:yes,nobody flag all mine now.
but if we improve SUPER right click, then one can break his new record with this method. :D

SUPER Flag: right click a openned number square, if unopened around squares equal this number, flag all mines by one right click.
Tommy wrote:I agree. Your ideas are interesting, but they change minesweeper far too much.

Maybe write your own version of the game? ;)

Although I can't imagine that the super flag really makes you much faster, for reasons that I'll elaborate on when I have more time.
EWQMinesweeper wrote:actually there already is a version that has what abiu calls 'superflag'

http://www.czeppi.de/english/index.html

i guess with enough practice one can be a bit faster than in normal ms with it...
nuff said bout superflag ;)
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“
Cryslon

Post by Cryslon »

abiu wrote:Can you add SUPER-FLAG in Debug 8? Thanks ;)
I don't want to change Arbiter (especially gui) too much. Also, this super-flag thing is obviously cheat option, and you can try it with Mines-Perfect [name removed]linked.

And i could add it into my own clone which i'm hoping to release in december/january.
Go IRC! (try mibbit)
Cryslon

Post by Cryslon »

If you don't know any bugs besides those listed in 1st post, i will release Arb 0.47 final this Sunday. All bugs found after that date will be declared features for several months :evil:
Go IRC! (try mibbit)
EWQMinesweeper

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

@max: maybe there's 1 more bug (really a minor thing) - last night i blasted 122/166 est 42.50 @4.00 3BV/s but when i tried to copy the blasted game info into the irc chat it left out the 3BV/s value

it showed: ...est time 42.50 3BV 122/166 3BV/s <- it should have showed a 4 but it showed nothing

not really a bug but still not as it's supposed to be
Cryslon

Post by Cryslon »

Arbiter 0.47 final is ready. Please read version.txt, there's complete info about changes and new settings.
arbiter_0_47.zip
(537.43 KiB) Downloaded 10153 times
It contains UPK option. It, as you know, may lead to serious bug similar to 0.43. I tried to implement UPK as isolated and safe as possible, but of course i can't be 100% sure.

This is a final version. That means, i'm not going to implement new features, fix minor bugs not affecting gameplay and counters, and so on, at least until January.

If you have some ideas AND you're ready to implement it yourself, i can send you some parts of source.

I've also made two programs manipulating AVF:
avftools.zip
(13.16 KiB) Downloaded 10091 times
I think all clonemakers should release such things to allow community to write independent video viewers and analyze boards and videos.
Go IRC! (try mibbit)
RonnyDeWinter

Post by RonnyDeWinter »

Personally I believe that sources containing the video format should not be available.

Cryslon

Post by Cryslon »

RonnyDeWinter wrote:Personally I believe that sources containing the video format should not be available.
It reads only board and video events. AVF is as safe as before, because the places where board and events are were already widely known.
Go IRC! (try mibbit)
RonnyDeWinter

Post by RonnyDeWinter »

Ah ok nevermind, I thought it converted it to mvf instead of mbf. My mistake. :D

Cryslon

Post by Cryslon »

This settings file has option 'Prohibit Multiple Instances' disabled. This option prevents Arbiter launching if you have opened window with title 'Minesweeper Arbiter' (eg, folder with this name is opened).
Attachments
arbiter.dat.zip
(1.32 KiB) Downloaded 10177 times
Go IRC! (try mibbit)
Cryslon

Post by Cryslon »

I've fixed some bugs and here's a new version:
arbiter_0_48_2.zip
(528.84 KiB) Downloaded 9720 times
And here's AVFTools 0.2 containing AVF to RawVF revision3 convertor.
avftools02.zip
(14.43 KiB) Downloaded 9735 times
Go IRC! (try mibbit)
Cryslon

Post by Cryslon »

arbiter_0_48_3.zip
(529 KiB) Downloaded 9701 times
Arb 0.48.3 is ready.
Go IRC! (try mibbit)