Minesweeper Go for advanced players

Fun versions for any operating system, including online games or phone apps.
AngelVet

Minesweeper Go for advanced players

Post by AngelVet »

Hello minesweepers,

I make an attempt to create minesweeper game for mobile platforms that can satisfy sophisticated players.

Minesweeper Go is a classic game clone for Android and iOS mobile platforms that brings a lot of advanced features, here is a small list of them:

▪ Advanced chording
There are several chord recursion options available to help you to achieve fastest board solving times.
Chord recursion is not enabled by default and must be turned on in game options explicitly.

▪ Advanced control settings on your taste.
Select one of flag-on-tap or explore-on-tap modes to suite your gaming style.
Choose how you want to apply chord tap. With single tap or long tap or even double tap.

▪ Personal score board.
Comprehensive local history.

▪ Game playback
Each game is recorded and you can playback it any time you want, show to your friends and prove your achieved best times.
Your game records that were published to World Ranking table can be viewed by other players to make sure of theirs authenticity.

▪ Advanced benchmarks
To track your skill and efficiency at minesweeper Minesweeper Go calculates yours 3BV/s values, Taps count, Taps/s, RQP, IOS, IOE and some other stats.

▪ Explicit Non-Flagging (NF) mode
Just prevents you of setting flag by accident when playing NF style.

▪ 3BV control feature
By utilizing this feature you can generate custom board with any desired 3BV value. Number of iterations, min and max value can be changed.

▪ Online World Ranking table
All records are submitted to the game server where is World Ranking table is kept.
World records are collected for Time and 3BV/s stats. Game records of each player can be seen and replayed by other players

▪ Cheats
Undo feature. Reverse time back and continue to solve game board even when you are blown up.
Pause game timer when application minimized.

Records set by using any of the cheats are not eligible to WR.

Three classic difficulty levels has a minimum 3BV value:
1. Beginner: 8x8 board with 10 mines (3BV low limit is 2)
2. Intermediate: 16x16 board with 40 mines (3BV low limit is 30)
3. Expert: 30x16 board with 99 mines (3BV low limit is 110)

Other features:
- Timer to thousands of a second
- First tap is always safe
- First tap reveals an opening (Must be enabled in options)
- Minefield size and mine count customizations
- Pinch to zoom in/out
- Minimalistic UI
- Portrait and landscape screen orientation

I want to mention that a lot of other features are in progress and will be implemented soon. Notable ones are here:
- Tournament mode
- Themes
- Board save/restore
- Playback speed and rewinding options.

Some screenshots are here https://www.facebook.com/minesweepergo/ ... 8280329385
and here https://www.facebook.com/minesweepergo/ ... 1656952714

Minesweeper GO currently in open Beta now and available on Android play market.

You can became a tester here https://play.google.com/apps/testing/co ... esweeperGo
or get it directly from here https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... sweeperGo)

I'm appreciate any feedback.
Please suggest what do you want to see in a such king of a game? What is missing, what is bad?

Thanks.

Contact me:
- By email: dev.evolvegames@gmail.com
- On Facebook: /minesweepergo
AngelVet

Re: Minesweeper Go for advanced players

Post by AngelVet »

I have just published an update of Minesweeper GO

A lot has been done to support player personalization.

See changelog:

- Created left navigation menu
- User personalization features:
  • Update your avatar
  • Change your name
  • Change your country
- Fixed double tap detection bug that was a cause for some game recordings played incorrectly (Only new games will be recorded without this issue)
- Fixed issues with cropped player names within World Ranking list - World Ranking moved to the navigation menu
- Make game options selectable by tapping on the whole item, not only on the selector control

Game screenshots

Get update on Android play market
AngelVet

Post by AngelVet »

I'm glad to let you know that new Minesweeper GO update is available.

New update is aimed to improve user experience with minefield scrolling and includes a lot of advanced scroll tuning options.

New minefield scroll tuning options:
• Tune scroll acceleration
• Tune scroll attenuation
• Tune tap to scroll sensivity

- Fixed one critical bug that were a cause of some corrupted video recordings
- On World Ranking screens there are some UI improvements and fixes done

Options screenshot

Please give me any feedback if this options are helpful to you, also I'll appreciate any advice how game can be improved.
Thanks
AngelVet

Post by AngelVet »

New Minesweeper GO update is live.
  • Added Live (Active) Ranking feature

Live Ranking shows on-line player rankings separately for each game difficulty (Beg/Int/Exp). Rankings can be filtered by style (FL/NF) and narrowed by date filter (for example to show only Today/Week/Month or All Time rankings).

At the end of each calendar period best player is chosen to become the Leader of this period. Player stays to be a Leader until the end of the current period.
  • News Feed feature. Notifications of game updates, server maintenance and other events will be published here
  • Show more info on game Result dialog.
    Added notices to determine how current game result is close to the local record
And a lot of bug fixes and improvements

More details on Facebook

I'll appreciate any feedback and advice how game can be improved.
Thanks
Zlix

Post by Zlix »

Hi.
I've been playing it for several days now...
Overall impressions are quite good but I've found one very annoying bug. When i play with phone in my hands(works fine if phone is on flat surface) sometimes tap is being transformed into sliding motion or zooming motion so sometimes i can't tap on certain field even if i try 10 times. When i change the angle of my screen that field is good again but some other is not working... All that is happening on edge fields with zoom just enough to fit entire height on the screen.
Maybe you can disable zoom after the board is started.
You can also add option to save default zoom.
Also i would remove or at least relocate back button.
AngelVet

Post by AngelVet »

Hello,

I did not run into such a problem before, since I usually play with phone lying motionless on the flat surface.
Having tested the game with only one hand, I found that you are right. When I try to reach the field in the far corner of the board it is can't be tapped or the zoom is triggered sporadically.

As it turned out, the reason for this behavior was that I was touching the screen with my hand twice. (Also, you seem to have this unapparent first touch on the Back button often that leads to an undesirable exit from the game)
So game handles the first touch and ignores all of the following, and touches on the field on far corner of the board are ignored.

To solve the problem, I think it will be possible to add a button for entering "One Hand" game mode, when enabled, the zoom feature will be turned off completely and only the last touch in multi-touch sequence will be accepted.
I have already added this feature into my TODO list.
You can also add option to save default zoom.
It is not clear for me what you mean? Game already saves zoom level for each game difficulty.

Thanks for testing.
Zlix

Post by Zlix »

Hope you can fix it...

About default zoom... You've added saving last zoom position pretty much at the same time I was writing that post...

One more thing annoys me. When you open info about the board you've just failed and then press new game afterwards info screen stays opened and you can't play till you close it manually.
New game should close everything and allow you to play after pressing it...
AngelVet

Post by AngelVet »

New game should close everything and allow you to play after pressing it...
I will fix this issue.
Thanks Zlix
pauv

Post by pauv »

The #2 player Wei-Jia Guo has a sup4.1 NF exp game on this app. You can watch the playback if you download it. :o
ID of msinfo: 3819
ID of saolei: 3706
ID of "League of Minesweeper": 36532
ID of WoM: 770798
gacord

Post by gacord »

Best android ms app ever :D
arjadre

Post by arjadre »

Thank you for designing this! I have some feature requests:

- Different "skin" options: I don't like the white outline surrounding each number; would it be possible to remove it (or make this an option)?
- Ability to zoom out further: I play using a touch screen stylus that is capable of high precision. I would love to be able to zoom out far enough to see the entire board on my screen (at least for the intermediate level)!
- There's no need for chording in NF mode. Could you change it so that chording is automatically disabled in NF mode?

Cheers!
arjadre
AngelVet

Post by AngelVet »

Hi arjadre, thanks for your feedback.

I have just released an update for Minesweeper GO.
  • Added UI theming support
  • Added simple sound effects
  • Implemented vibration on long taps
  • Easy Start option enabled by default
  • A lot of bug fixes and improvements
More details on Facebook

Currently you can check Flat board theme.
To download and apply new board themes open Minefield tab on Themes screen.

New themes will be added shortly. I'm open to any suggestions what kind of board styles you want to be implemented. Please send me screenshots, etc. We will consider any design you want.
arjadre wrote:Ability to zoom out further: I play using a touch screen stylus that is capable of high precision. I would love to be able to zoom out far enough to see the entire board on my screen (at least for the intermediate level)!
I will work on this soon.
arjadre wrote:- There's no need for chording in NF mode. Could you change it so that chording is automatically disabled in NF mode?
I will add an option to disable it. Anyway some players use it even in NF mode as a help to quick count how many closed squares are around a number.

Thanks.
arjadre

Post by arjadre »

I'm open to any suggestions what kind of board styles you want to be implemented.
I'd be interested in seeing an exact replica of Windows Minesweeper (Windows XP/Windows 3.1), or as close as possible. As I said, I really don't like the white outlines surrounding each number, but maybe that's just me. Minesweeper X (http://www.minesweeper.info/downloads/MinesweeperX.html) comes with several themes, including the exact Windows XP/Windows 3.1 themes, which are included as image files in the zip-file download.
I will work on this soon.
Great! I would say that having to scroll through the boards is the biggest thing slowing me down, so I would greatly appreciate seeing this implemented.
I will add an option to disable it. Anyway some players use it even in NF mode as a help to quick count how many closed squares are around a number.
I hadn't realized this. In any case, thank you in advance for implementing this!

Thank you for being so responsive! I look forwarding to seeing the next versions :D
AngelVet

Post by AngelVet »

arjadre wrote:I'd be interested in seeing an exact replica of Windows Minesweeper (Windows XP/Windows 3.1), or as close as possible.
I have added 'Old school' minefield theme for 'Classic' main theme today. It is exact copy of MS for Windows XP one.
arjadre wrote:- There's no need for chording in NF mode. Could you change it so that chording is automatically disabled in NF mode?
As temporary solution you can set 'On double tap' Chord Setting within game options.
arjadre

Post by arjadre »

Thanks for adding that theme! I've set "on double tap", and that seems to work.

One more feature request: option to make the clock/timer invisible during game play
AngelVet

Post by AngelVet »

Next Minesweeper GO update is live

Since last post a lot has changed, game is more polished ans feels release ready.
Thanks for your contribution and advices

Changelog (since last update post):
  • Added new stats: Efficient Taps, Correctness (Corr) and ThroughPut (ThrP)
  • Updated History tab within High Scores screen to show records history of Eff. Taps/s instead of Taps/s
  • Added game Help, including tips, strategy and patterns for playing minesweeper
  • Enabled Portrait mode on Expert board
  • Set long tap threshold in Options
  • Optimized minefield board rendering
  • Added Play Again feature
  • Implemented players Rank System
And a lot of other fixes and improvements!

More details on Facebook
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-11-27-19-36-10-484_com.EvolveGames.MinesweeperGo.png
Screenshot_2017-11-27-19-36-10-484_com.EvolveGames.MinesweeperGo.png (45.72 KiB) Viewed 7855 times
Screenshot_2017-11-27-19-35-57-448_com.EvolveGames.MinesweeperGo.png
Screenshot_2017-11-27-19-35-57-448_com.EvolveGames.MinesweeperGo.png (40.65 KiB) Viewed 7855 times
Screenshot_2017-11-27-19-29-08-994_com.EvolveGames.MinesweeperGo.png
Screenshot_2017-11-27-19-29-08-994_com.EvolveGames.MinesweeperGo.png (90.24 KiB) Viewed 7855 times
Screenshot_2017-11-27-19-25-28-207_com.EvolveGames.MinesweeperGo.png
Screenshot_2017-11-27-19-25-28-207_com.EvolveGames.MinesweeperGo.png (113.76 KiB) Viewed 7855 times
AngelVet

Post by AngelVet »

Minesweeper GO is released for public! (v1.0.25)

After six months after initial beta release Minesweeper GO has come a long way and at last released to public. I am very grateful to all of you for support and testing.

Nevertheless I have a long list of things that I want to implement, so I'll keep working on this game but slightly at slower rate.

• Added new option. Now you can turn off chord animations when playing with force NF style enabled.
    This option is enabled by default
  • Added Facebook login and sharing options
    Now you can connect your minesweeper account to Facebook and have all your online records across different android devices
  • Players that are not registered on World Ranking list can view theirs progress
  • Greatly increased the minimum level of minefield zoom. Now Expert minefield easily can fit on the screen of your device
  • Option to fast Control Mode change - tap on empty square to change between Flag/Explore modes
  • Added Chinese localization (Big Thanks to Guo Jin Yang)
  • New Military theme and several new minefield skins
  • A lot of bug fixes
Get production release on Android play market

Please contact me if you have any suggestions or advices,
Thanks
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-12-20-22-15-32-015_com.EvolveGames.MinesweeperGo.png
Screenshot_2017-12-20-22-15-32-015_com.EvolveGames.MinesweeperGo.png (99.48 KiB) Viewed 7688 times
Screenshot_2017-12-20-22-07-41-911_com.EvolveGames.MinesweeperGo.png
Screenshot_2017-12-20-22-07-41-911_com.EvolveGames.MinesweeperGo.png (124.32 KiB) Viewed 7688 times
AngelVet

Post by AngelVet »

Lets look at new Minesweeper GO update (v1.0.47)

Since last post a lot of things changed. Game becomes more stable and a lot of new features were added.
Most notable ones are online minesweeper tournament, guess-free boards, smart hints and magic wand to solve 50/50 situations.

• Minesweeper Online Tournament
  • Long tap threshold minimum value decreased down to 120ms
  • View history of World Ranking records for any player
  • Game collects stats of longest winning/losing streaks
  • Autosave feature
  • Added Guess Free game mode, magic wand and smart hints
  • Added calculation of “Islands” count on minefield
  • Added Leaders tab on the Live Ranking screen
  • A lot of various improvements and bug fixes
Get Minesweeper GO on Google Play.

Please contact me if you have any suggestions or advices,
Thanks
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-11-06-19-12-34-860_com.EvolveGames.MinesweeperGo.png
Screenshot_2018-11-06-19-12-34-860_com.EvolveGames.MinesweeperGo.png (92.61 KiB) Viewed 6298 times
Screenshot_2018-12-04-17-47-51-345_com.EvolveGames.MinesweeperGo.png
Screenshot_2018-12-04-17-47-51-345_com.EvolveGames.MinesweeperGo.png (88.01 KiB) Viewed 6298 times
Screenshot_2018-11-06-18-20-01-691_com.EvolveGames.MinesweeperGo.png
Screenshot_2018-11-06-18-20-01-691_com.EvolveGames.MinesweeperGo.png (75.51 KiB) Viewed 6298 times
AngelVet

Post by AngelVet »

Hello, I have a good news for Minesweeper GO players 8-)

Minesweeper GO is now available on iOS.

Get it on App Store

Wish you new records!