Msx has to go away

Area to discuss development and bugs of official clones (Clone, Arbiter, MSX, Viennasweeper)
gacord

Msx has to go away

Post by gacord »

QQ图片20170419152235.png
QQ图片20170419152235.png (24.01 KiB) Viewed 3703 times
Recently Muranski uploaded a int game which is exactly the same board as his another game played with quite different style.
Both Game is 24 bbbv which reminds PGG(Pauv) to watch and discovered this truth.

I'm afraid this probably turns out because of board circles.

I have to point it out that it is a time for us to dicide whether this Msx can be still legal all the time.
CBright

Re: Msx has to go away

Post by CBright »

Thanks for bringing this to my attention; some time ago I realized that the random number generator used in MSX was really bad and that eventually this would probably happen. I even made the appropriate modifications to use a better random number generator but due to other circumstances (my PhD...) I never released the updated version.

I actually just finished my PhD and was thinking of finally making those updates available publicly. I don't use Windows anymore so I'll have to get that set up first but it shouldn't be too long of a wait.
gacord

Post by gacord »

I play custom mode on Msx and I like its unlimited custom options.
However as CBright said it is really bad board generation I'm afraid it is also for the custom mode. :o
Then I found the 8*8 custom world record of 49mines is also played on Msx. :o
CBright

Post by CBright »

I have released an updated version of MSX on my website which uses a better random number generator so that this issue should not occur anymore. It also has a few new features like an option to notify you when you set 3BV/s or NF records. I got a report there was an antivirus program which complained about MSX for some reason, so try it out and let me know if there are any issues.
pauv

Post by pauv »

CBright wrote:I have released an updated version of MSX on my website which uses a better random number generator so that this issue should not occur anymore. It also has a few new features like an option to notify you when you set 3BV/s or NF records. I got a report there was an antivirus program which complained about MSX for some reason, so try it out and let me know if there are any issues.
I can't see the full counters window on win10. Look like this:
ScreenShot_20170427124416.png
ScreenShot_20170427124416.png (49.17 KiB) Viewed 3615 times
ID of msinfo: 3819
ID of saolei: 3706
ID of "League of Minesweeper": 36532
ID of WoM: 770798
oganessium

Post by oganessium »

http://i.imgur.com/UN36QI7.png virustotal scan for msx (image wouldn't load)