MSWCH 2016

Ideas, info, suggestions and locations
Tommy

MSWCH 2016

Post by Tommy »

Hi all,

We still don't have plans for the wch 2016!

And although 2015 was loads of fun, I won't be organizing the next one for a number of reasons. Apart from the fact that it was quite a bit of work, I feel like it should be somewhere else in-between at least once...

So, I'd like to urge all of you to consider if you might be able to do that! Or, if 2016 would be too short-term, perhaps 2017?

In particular, I'd like to state that the world championship does not have to take place in Europe. Arguably, given how little activity there is here right now, and how much there is in East Asia, maybe the next one should be there! I would love to see that happen (although I don't want to discourage people in EU, either).

Also, as someone who organized two world championships before, I'd love to help anyone who wants to do that, both by sharing my experience and by providing scoreganizer assistance/improvements!

Happy sweeping,
Tommy
Don't anthropomorphize computers - they don't like it.
aradesh

Re: MSWCH 2016

Post by aradesh »

I don't mind where one is held. If I can afford to attend, I'd go. I hope there is another one again one day.
Tommy

Re: MSWCH 2016

Post by Tommy »

aradesh wrote:I don't mind where one is held. If I can afford to attend, I'd go. I hope there is another one again one day.
Organize one! I think you'd be in a very good position to do so, and I'd be glad to help. :)
Don't anthropomorphize computers - they don't like it.