The Best Time of Every BBBV

Post your best scores and talk about your improvement.
pauv

The Best Time of Every BBBV

Post by pauv »

Hi all, I'm Jin-Fan Lin from China. I've collected all best score on every bbbv made by Chinese player. And I'm curious about the world record on every bbbv. Statistics followed. I think Kamil Saper will have a lot to say about this topic :D

The .xls document includes FL&NF ranking and NF ranking, three level.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I have upload the list here:http://www.minesweeper.info/videoindex. ... %20Record/

Please check if you have any better record than the videos in the list! edit date=2013-12-15
Attachments
Summary Sheet.xls
Statistics please see the Summary Sheet
(361.5 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
Last edited by pauv on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ID of msinfo: 3819
ID of saolei: 3706
ID of "League of Minesweeper": 36532
ID of WoM: 770798
pauv

Re: The Best Time of Every BBBV

Post by pauv »

video evidence here, no lucky-played video considered.
Attachments
beginner-nf.zip
(88.27 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
beginner.zip
(83.01 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
pauv

Post by pauv »

EWQMinesweeper

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

hello and welcome to this forum. some world records make sense, like fastest time on expert, some only make sense in theory like fastest time on beginner, some are just for fun like the nf-no-nubers skin on msx/arbiter, some records just test the limits of what is possible, like kamil's fastest time for 1000 beginner, lanyje's 16k sub60s, touchpad sweeping or feetsweeping. and some records are just not reasonable to keep track of. this is one of these cases.

a quick list of reasons:

1, this list is too extensive: it contains rankings for 53 different 3bv numbers on beginner, 187 on int, 282 on exp and all of that times 2 for fl and nf. who cares about so many rankings or records? these are too many to bother keeping track of. there is a reason 100m sprint is an olympic event and 99.9m, 99.8m etc is not. 1 3bv more or less just doesn't make much of a difference.

2, too few sweepers have finished boards with extreme 3bvs. it is obvious that on any given 3bv kamil would flat out beat everyone by 2 or 3 seconds if the rules allowed him to play a few hundred boards of each 3bv value. i have a rough idea of who the top5 would be in this case. but with the current rules i have only finished boards on 127 3bv values despite having completed more exp games than anyone but lanyje. 77 3bv values on int despite 26k completed games. i suppose chances are good that this would result in many of these "world records" being held by comparatively slow players who happened to get lucky to complete an unusual 3bv. in short: as of now all the minesweeper records that we bothered to keep track of had 1 thing in commen: almost every game was eligible, everyone could easily try their luck at beating these records.

3, this list would be meaningless: it says nothing about who is the best at something. hooray, let me claim the world record for completing an exp game at 12:34 and 56 seconds on 142 3bv with 7 wasted clicks after having eaten cheese pizza for lunch. you get the point?

in short: try to collect other sweepers stats and see where it gets you. i won't care about this list and won't contribute my stats.

also: instead of adding more posts to a topic you could have edited your first post
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“
pauv

Post by pauv »

Hi [name removed], thank you for first replying me. I'm one of your fans about your sweeping style and I have collected 242 video from your profile and AR, benefited a lot. :roll: Not considering rare 3BV, the statistics of Chinese player tell me that the top players share the records of these 3BV, in the case of exp, there are Dan Zhou\Wen-Kai Xu\Xiao-Yang Yang who made most of the records, so I think the top players who sweeped a lot like Kamil/you/Thomas/ Manuel/Pavel/(maybe Ian?) would take most of them.

Making a list of this will tell people what's the difference between the best players and themselves, and these record videos will remind us how to improve the skill of sweeping. When making the list of Chinese player, I have checked thousands of best videos and this helps me break my records, say NF 3bvs 3.491/NF time 46.30. This work make sense indeed. People often upload the videos which break time and 3bvs, and these records always happened on 3bv too large or too small, no other one knows what will happen when they sweep 3bv appeared most.

I will make a rough list of minesweeper.info from the videos I have downloaded and add it in my first post. Hope for help. THX.
EWQMinesweeper

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

just one thing: please do not include me in these rankings/lists. i do not want to be listed there at all. i also do not like being listed on saolei.wang anymore (although i haven't checked this page in a long time.) if i am still mentioned there, i'd appreciate it, if my name and associated data could be rmeoved from there. i would like for msinfo, scoreganizer and my youtube channel to be the only places that mention my name in the context of minesweeper.

edit: i haven't played a single game in over 3 months and am sort of tired of ms. i am serious about saolei.wang though. i sent my games to damien, not to saolei.wang.

cheers and happy sweeping
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“
pauv

Post by pauv »

EWQMinesweeper wrote:just one thing: please do not include me in these rankings/lists. i do not want to be listed there at all. i also do not like being listed on saolei.wang anymore (although i haven't checked this page in a long time.) if i am still mentioned there, i'd appreciate it, if my name and associated data could be rmeoved from there. i would like for msinfo, scoreganizer and my youtube channel to be the only places that mention my name in the context of minesweeper.

edit: i haven't played a single game in over 3 months and am sort of tired of ms. i am serious about saolei.wang though. i sent my games to damien, not to saolei.wang.

cheers and happy sweeping
All non-Chinese data were removed from the saolei.wang, except the introduction part of Authoritative Minesweeper, Zhang has been busy coding his new site and stops refreshing the "TOP10 of the world" page since 2010.8.5.

By your wish, I won't count you into the list :cry:It's a pity that you retired, because you are able to make more top scores and improve your rank.

Thanks.
pauv

Post by pauv »

Now some bugs are fixed.
In our forum, former 2bbbv record keeper had told me his 0.42s lucky, so I removed his 2bbbv. Now Jin-Yang Guo, who is No.3 in the World NF 3bvs Ranking, has set 2bbbv non-lucky record to 0.47s, so I will update this video soon. And this game also beat Kamil's 0.49s of 2bbbv. The 2nd best non-lucky 2bbbv game of PRC is 0.51s by Yun-Zhe Zhu.
BTW Does anyone ever made a 1bbbv game non-lucky? I know there're 3 persons finish 1bbbv game by only 1 left click, and another one lucky 0.15s on 1bbbv.
I find out Kamil's 244bbbv game and delete Guang Shao's 244. Now in the "All" list, every expert WR except 96&262bbbv is made by a sub60 player.
I myself had a chance to beat 242 and 255 bbbv recently, but click wrong :roll: