Issue with minesweeper x timer.

Area to discuss development and bugs of official clones (Clone, Arbiter, MSX, Viennasweeper)
dvereb

Issue with minesweeper x timer.

Post by dvereb »

Hi all,

I've recently discovered the competitive minesweeper scene and downloaded minesweeper x. I wanted to show someone at work, but when playing on my work computer the timer was extremely slow. If this is a known issue, sorry for bringing it up again - I couldn't find any one else with this issue.

The timer runs about a quarter as fast as it should. My work PC is on XP SP3, 2.something Ghz dual core. 4gb of ram. I was on a limited access account, but I'm the IT guy so I can always try again on the admin account if needed.

I'll try to attach a saved recording for you to see (keep in mind I'm not very good!). My guess is that if it plays correctly on a working computer it'd be REALLY fast/awkward. I'll try it on my computer when I get home.

Sorry for any typos - I'm doing this all from my phone :)
Attachments
Int 7.26 - Oct 17 2011 03.35.20 PM.zip
(20.93 KiB) Downloaded 451 times
CBright

Re: Issue with minesweeper x timer.

Post by CBright »

Oh dear. Could you try it with an older version? And I presume other clones run fine?
dvereb

Re: Issue with minesweeper x timer.

Post by dvereb »

Both older versions you link to have the same issue. I'm not sure if they are all equally slow, but they seem to be. I think I'm just not warmed up yet, today! Anyways, if you want video files, let me know and I'll try to beat my score of 7.something seconds from yesterday. It was quite amusing to watch on my home PC and see the mouse pointer go CRAZY fast!

As for other clones, I've tried these right off the minesweeper.info downloads page:
Arbiter 0.48.5 seems to work fine.
Viennasweeper 2.2 seems to work fine.