Minesweeper-esque RPG

Fun versions for any operating system, including online games or phone apps.
Quikding

Minesweeper-esque RPG

Post by Quikding »

Hiya folks. I'm developing a mobile game that crosses Minesweeper-esque gameplay with an RPG.

It's about a month from being done and I'd love to hear some feedback.

Here's a link to the flash version:

http://quikding.com/hatena/hatena_feb19_b.html

Thanks for any feedback anyone may have!

Colin
EWQMinesweeper

Re: Minesweeper-esque RPG

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

give the game a try, folks. the coloured numbers indicate how many squares of the same colour are adjacent. this game ignores squares that are diagonally adjacent though.spent a good 30min on my first run, which i lost in the final level. lost the second run quite early on and won the third run in 28:55 with 135 mistakes.
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“
Cryslon

Post by Cryslon »

A nice game to play if you have a free half an hour.

Won first try in 33:09 with 142 mistakes. The logical part of the game is real fun. The RPG part seems to be unbalanced. I always had enough money to buy/upgrade every item, and i never had to really choose between two items, because one of two was always strictly better than another. After i got an item with 'regen' property, it became too easy to stay alive - there is very often a safe square to click to get a free heal, and at the end of each level there are always several safe clicks, so you start each level fully healed. That's probably a good thing though - to have some protection against randomness, especially compared to minesweeper's annoying 50-50 situations.

Also, sometimes weird bugs with numbers occur, see the middle bottom green 1 on the screenshot.
bug.png
bug.png (19.59 KiB) Viewed 5100 times
Go IRC! (try mibbit)
Quikding

Post by Quikding »

Thanks for the feedback! That's a bug with the flash version only, because flash is slow at adding up the surrounding tiles. If I make that routine go at a slower pace, the bug goes away. It'll be fixed in the final.

Thanks again for playing! :)