WinSweeper - A new version for Mac OS X

Fun versions for any operating system, including online games or phone apps.
tttthomasssss

WinSweeper - A new version for Mac OS X

Post by tttthomasssss »

A humorous homage to the good old days of Minesweeper.
icon_128x128.png
icon_128x128.png (14.88 KiB) Viewed 7094 times
WinSweeper is available on the Mac App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/winsweep ... ls=1&mt=12

I created this App as a homage to my first steps on computers. Those first steps involved a Windows computer, playing lots and lots of Minesweeper and unfortunately experiencing lots and lots of bluescreens. I won't give away the punchline of the App straight away, with some imagination I'm sure you can figure it out easily and if you're totally interested just download the App :).

At its core the App closely resembles that of the original Windows Minesweeper version, so grid sizes for each difficulty and number of mines are the same as in the original version. It also implements a score function. Score is based on time, the faster the better, and efficiency, meaning the less clicks it takes you to solve it, the higher your score will be. The Game also gathers statistics on your performance (as can be seen in the "Game Statistics" Screenshot). Game Center is not yet implemented but will be in the next version (Game Center is only available on Mac OS X versions >= 10.8, but I wanted it to be available for as many Mac OS X versions as possible).

I apologise again that the Support Link is currently broken due to some issues in transferring the domain to a new provider...if you do encounter any problems please send me an e-Mail to tttthomasssss@gmail.com.

Please check the attached Screenshots if you want to see what it looks like!
Attachments
Game Statistics
Game Statistics
WinSweeper_Prefs_Stats.png (69.98 KiB) Viewed 7096 times
Game Preferences
Game Preferences
WinSweeper_Prefs_GamePrefs.png (74.02 KiB) Viewed 7096 times
WinSweeper - Medium
WinSweeper - Medium
WinSweeper_Medium.png (109.94 KiB) Viewed 7096 times
WinSweeper - Easy
WinSweeper - Easy
WinSweeper_Easy.png (59.17 KiB) Viewed 7098 times
Last edited by tttthomasssss on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tttthomasssss

Re: WinSweeper - A new clone for Mac OS X

Post by tttthomasssss »

First 5 people to send an e-Mail with subject "I want WinSweeper!!!" to tttthomasssss@gmail.com will receive a promo code!
qqwref

Post by qqwref »

I don't have a Mac, but can you provide a screenshot or a better description of how this differs from normal Minesweeper? Any extra features, ways to play, etc.?
NF player. Best scores 1-10-39.
EWQMinesweeper

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

(i moved the topic from the 'official clones' forum to 'minesweeper versions')

hi thomas and welcome to msinfo,

regarding your app, the only feedback i can give you is basically the same as the one i gave to the last person who came here to present their app:
https://minesweepergame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=205#p1407

furthermore i am worried that, since no screenshots or further information of any kind were provided for winsweeper, the support-domain is an unregistered website and there is a huge similarity to the name of a well-known person in our community, this might be a scamming attempt. so, please tell us more about winsweeper so that i don't need to worry about it.
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“
tttthomasssss

Post by tttthomasssss »

Sorry, for the bad start, its definitely not intended to be a scamming attempt...

I will provide screenshots asap (right after posting this to be exact), the support link is currently broken because I recently changed my hosting provider and there are some issues concerning the transfer of the domain to the new provider...I'll try to put the website online again as soon as the issues with transferring the domain are resolved.
tttthomasssss

Post by tttthomasssss »

I hope the promo code offering can make up a bit for my failed first impression (and the currently broken support link...) :)