Scoreganizer updates

Area to discuss development and bugs of official clones (Clone, Arbiter, MSX, Viennasweeper)
Tommy

Scoreganizer updates

Post by Tommy »

This is a thread for scoreganizer updates. I'll post here every time I make a (noticeable) change.
Don't anthropomorphize computers - they don't like it.
Tommy

Re: Scoreganizer updates

Post by Tommy »

I just updated scoreganizer to version 0.14.3 .

Creating tournaments is now way easier than before. I turned the "mode" and "modeparams" fields into a wizard (a series of dialogs). So, you don't have to know that you need to write "sum" in the first field and "B+I+E" in the second field anymore. Check it out at https://scoreganizer.bountin.net/tournaments/init/!

This also makes it easy to add new tournament systems in a way that is usable for people sometime (hopefully, before the wch! I have side-events planned :D).
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Updated to 0.14.4 . Now with less confusing datetime formatting text.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Updated to 0.15.0! Now including the announcement for the WCH 2015 \o/

https://scoreganizer.bountin.net/info/mswch2015

Also updated to 0.15.1 and 0.15.2 for small technical fixes to 0.15.0 .
pauv

Post by pauv »

Tommy wrote:Updated to 0.15.0! Now including the announcement for the WCH 2015 \o/

You are so hardworking! I can't image a better announcement.

But there's a problem of scoreganizer site. If people of saolei.wang join the online competition, they will take a risk of breaking record :o because saolei.wang doesn't accept .rmv

So the most players of saolei.wang have less and less interest to use your site. Once Wen-Kai Xu got 11.06(3bv=34) int nf at Saolei.wang Weekly on scoreganizer, it's his nf time record :P but he can't join saolei.wang ranking because it's a .rmv file.

Same problem happens in WCH2015 Online, when you break your record, if you are only the member of msinfo you can upload your score to msinfo since .rmv is legal, but if you are the member of saolei.wang you cannot upload your score to saolei.wang since saolei.wang only accept .avf. It's not fair.

One of the possible solutions is to support .avf at scoreganizer, or each member of saolei.wang must make a choice: Sacrifice the right of saolei.wang ranking to join WCH2015 Online or Lost the chance of competing with world class players. afaik most will take the 2nd.

2015.9.27 is the Mid-Autumn Festival of China, in this festival people should come back home and eat mooncake with family. LOL it's the same day with WCH2015.
ID of msinfo: 3819
ID of saolei: 3706
ID of "League of Minesweeper": 36532
ID of WoM: 770798
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

pauv wrote:
Tommy wrote:Updated to 0.15.0! Now including the announcement for the WCH 2015 \o/

You are so hardworking! I can't image a better announcement.
Thanks a lot! :)
pauv wrote: But there's a problem of scoreganizer site. If people of saolei.wang join the online competition, they will take a risk of breaking record :o because saolei.wang doesn't accept .rmv

So the most players of saolei.wang have less and less interest to use your site. Once Wen-Kai Xu got 11.06(3bv=34) int nf at Saolei.wang Weekly on scoreganizer, it's his nf time record :P but he can't join saolei.wang ranking because it's a .rmv file.

Same problem happens in WCH2015 Online, when you break your record, if you are only the member of msinfo you can upload your score to msinfo since .rmv is legal, but if you are the member of saolei.wang you cannot upload your score to saolei.wang since saolei.wang only accept .avf. It's not fair.

One of the possible solutions is to support .avf at scoreganizer, or each member of saolei.wang must make a choice: Sacrifice the right of saolei.wang ranking to join WCH2015 Online or Lost the chance of competing with world class players. afaik most will take the 2nd.
I see, yeah, that's a huge problem :(

I'd love to support Arbiter with scoreganizer, however, I'm so busy organizing now that I won't manage to do that in time for the WCH.

There's another way to resolve this, though: If saolei.wang were to support .rmv. It's a pretty simple format, and I have attached the python library that is used by scoreganizer to extract all the video data from rmv files. It's very simple code, feel free to use it/translate it into another programming language to use it.

Alternatively, if there was a python library that could read AVF, supporting arbiter would be relatively easy and probably take me a day or two. I can't promise anything, but that is something I might be able to get done before the championship.
pauv wrote: 2015.9.27 is the Mid-Autumn Festival of China, in this festival people should come back home and eat mooncake with family. LOL it's the same day with WCH2015.
That's a real shame :/ Next time, something like that would be great to know during the planning phase - if I'd known that this date might keep many chinese players from participating, I'd most likely have chosen a different one.
Attachments
msv.zip
(2.32 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
EWQMinesweeper

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

tK: Simply postpone the competition for the online championship.
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Updated to 0.15.3

Updated the announcement, and made some small technical changes.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

EWQMinesweeper wrote:tK: Simply postpone the competition for the online championship.
I already announced it for that date now :/ I'll see if I can find an alternative, though.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Small update: No new version, but the mailserver should now no longer be derping, ie, registration shouldn't be a problem anymore.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Updated to 0.15.4

Finally implemented this post from 2012:
http://minesweepergame.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1273#p1273

It was not forgotten!

Also, the announcement for the wch now links to the fb event.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Updated to 0.15.5

Now with an even longer announcement!

Also, now with a working client tutorial link.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Minor announcement changes, tournament paging works again, and the technical groundwork for a surprise has been laid down! :)
Quodly

Post by Quodly »

hi tommy,

just for the record, it would be nice if you could disable the personal record prompt for tournaments.

when creating a new tournament on scoreganizer, do people regularly check for upcoming tournaments? besides irc, is there a certain group on facebook or a periodic newsletter?

i must admit that i have never been that active as regards the forum, that's probably why last weekend was my first time to join a tournament on scoreganizer. however, i suppose there are many amateurs like me who don't know about scoreganizer at all :S

quodly
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Hi!

Yeah, I guess if I ever get around to working on vsweep and mbh again, I'll do that.

re scoreganizer being active, at the moment, it's mostly being used for the big tournaments :/ Although it would be absolutely possible (and intended) for people to create tournaments of their own all the time if they want to.

I guess I never really advertised that, though (and also, creating tournaments was very user-unfriendly once - it still isn't as good as it could be).

Also, importantly, right now the client isn't very easy to use.

So, my plan is to make a GUI interface for the client, make creating tournaments more intuitive, and then maybe advertising it more.
Quodly

Post by Quodly »

nice!