MySweeper - another new clone

Area to discuss development and bugs of official clones (Clone, Arbiter, MSX, Viennasweeper)
gacord

Re: MySweeper - another new clone

Post by gacord »

Report for 1.1.1

1 No video tag.Video tag is the only proof for it is played by yourself.
2 Advice: Add 0s to filename automation to ballance the file length.

22 downloads now from our community
senfti

Post by senfti »

MySweeper_1.1.2:
- new file format version: now the player name and the date are saved in the file (old files are still supported, but you get a warning)

The only way to find out the player name and the date is to export the video as RawVF and look there.
CBright

Post by CBright »

Nice, I like this clone's features!
Cryslon wrote:The only bug i'm having is that the window isn't being resized properly on application launch, screenshot attached. When i switch levels, everything becomes okay.
I also have this problem - and I've struggled with it for my own wxWidgets programs as well! In Ubuntu 12.04 classic the menus appear right below the title bar, and when you use SetClientSize before the menu appears the menu size is not accounted for. I don't know if this is a bug of wxWidgets or Ubuntu or what, but if I compile programs on my machine with the latest Ubuntu they seem to work correctly.

Also, I found you can open squares by clicking in the "dead" area around the board when the window size is larger required (refresh the window to see them) - and if you hit a mine using this method the game doesn't stop! I found this because I noticed you could make the right and bottom borders disappear by clicking and dragging over them if the window size is right. Also, the program sometimes segfaults if I do this enough.

The mouse button handling is a little sketchy too (e.g., you can open/flag squares with the middle mouse button held down), but overall well done! Nice work. :)
senfti

Post by senfti »

Also, I found you can open squares by clicking in the "dead" area around the board when the window size is larger required (refresh the window to see them) - and if you hit a mine using this method the game doesn't stop! I found this because I noticed you could make the right and bottom borders disappear by clicking and dragging over them if the window size is right. Also, the program sometimes segfaults if I do this enough.
On Windows and most Linux Desktops resizing the window is disabled. But on some Linux Desktops this does not work, so would have to fix the window size with dirty hacks. The awkward behavior is not surprising because I assumed no resizing. Maybe I should do more testing with different Linux Desktops.
The mouse button handling is a little sketchy too (e.g., you can open/flag squares with the middle mouse button held down)
It's the same as in Arbiter I think.
CBright

Post by CBright »

senfti wrote:On Windows and most Linux Desktops resizing the window is disabled. But on some Linux Desktops this does not work, so would have to fix the window size with dirty hacks.
This was another problem I ran into with one of my wxWidgets programs. I discussed it with the wxWidgets developers on their bug tracker and it was fixed for me at least (though this was in 2013 so maybe the problem has arisen again).
senfti wrote:It's the same as in Arbiter I think.
So it is.
senfti

Post by senfti »

MySweeper 1.2.0 released

Version 1.2.0 adds a lucky/no-guess mode (for explanation look here post 39 http://www.minesweepergame.com/forum/viewt ... 9&start=25)
Bugs fixes for bugs in raw mouse input, legacy video support and for the problems when the window is unintendedly resized.
senfti

Post by senfti »

MySweeper 1.2.1 released, now with an improved lucky/no-guess mode.