Arbiter Math and Counting Functions

Area to discuss development and bugs of official clones (Clone, Arbiter, MSX, Viennasweeper)
Watson

Arbiter Math and Counting Functions

Post by Watson »

As a density player, I think it would be useful to have counters such as density completed and density remaining in percentages like it shows when making a new custom board. It's difficult to program these into Arbiter's counters because I don't know what kind of wording or spelling to use for various functions. Damien suggested there was an Arbiter constituent file with all the math and counting functions in it, but I have no idea how to find it, or what kind of exe programming tool to use. Does anyone have a list of these functions, or an idea of how to get to that list? Thanks!

I'm thinking:
DenRem|(100*(210-FLAGSUSED))/(24*30-CELLDONE)
#|%
DenDone|(100*FLAGSUSED)/(CELLDONE)
#|%
and just replace the 210 and 24*30 with whatever the custom board settings are.
qqwref

Re: Arbiter Math and Counting Functions

Post by qqwref »

I found something by going into Preferences -> Counters -> Add Formula and then clicking the ">>>" button. It's not an exact full list (I don't think it's been updated in a while) but it's useful anyway. Here are some of the counters I know about:
AVGOBV, BBBV, BBBVDONE, BBBVS, CELL# (# from 0 to 8), CLASSICRCLK, CLASSICTOTALCLK, DCLK, DEFF, DONECELL# (# from 0 to 8), DX, DY, EFF, FLAGSUSED, FORCED, GLOBRPI, GLRANKBBBS, GLRANKIOS, GLRANKRQP, GLRANKTIME, GZINI, HZINI, IOS, ISLANDS, LCLK, LEFF, LEVEL, MC, MISFLAGS, MISUNFLAGS, MODE, OBV, OPENINGS, OPENINGSDONE, PATH, RANKBBBS, RANKIOS, RANKRQP, RANKTIME, RCLK, REFF, RPI, RQP, TIME, TIMEEST, TIMEESTINT, TIMEESTREAL, TIMEESTRECORDERSTYLE, TIMEINT, TIMEREAL, TIMERECORDERSTYLE, THOUSANDTHS, TOTALCLK, TOTALEFF, TOTALGAMES, UNFLAGS
NF player. Best scores 1-10-39.
Watson

Post by Watson »

Exactly what I needed, thank you! Do you know if there is a code for the total number of mines in the level? DX and DY worked for the dimensions so that's all I need now. Here's what I've got:

DenRem|(100*(210-FLAGSUSED))/(DX*DY-FLAGSUSED-DONECELL0-DONECELL1-DONECELL2-DONECELL3-DONECELL4-DONECELL5-DONECELL6-DONECELL7-DONECELL8)
#|%
DenDone|(100*FLAGSUSED)/(FLAGSUSED+DONECELL0+DONECELL1+DONECELL2+DONECELL3+DONECELL4+DONECELL5+DONECELL6+DONECELL7+DONECELL8)
#|%
% Done|(100*(FLAGSUSED+DONECELL0+DONECELL1+DONECELL2+DONECELL3+DONECELL4+DONECELL5+DONECELL6+DONECELL7+DONECELL8))/(DX*DY)
#|%

Works pretty well other than having to change the total number of mines in DenRem when changing boards.
qqwref

Post by qqwref »

That should be what MC does.
NF player. Best scores 1-10-39.