Scoreganizer development

Area to discuss development and bugs of official clones (Clone, Arbiter, MSX, Viennasweeper)
Tommy

Scoreganizer development

Post by Tommy »

Hi all,

Most of you are probably familiar with scoreganizer:
https://scoreganizer.net/

I would like to collect suggestions regarding future features, bug reports, and other kinds of feedback in this thread.

What would you like to see changed? What is bothering you?

Happy Sweeping,
Tommy

(edit: new url)
Don't anthropomorphize computers - they don't like it.
babz

Re: Scoreganizer development

Post by babz »

I told you this on irc one day, but you could repeat the ranking column at the right on the score result page.
Because when it's a big tournament like the last irc tourney you can't see names and sum at the same time, and you are not sure about which line to look.
qqwref

Post by qqwref »

When we're logged in, can you put a "My Tournaments" link on the left? As I imagine it, it would show all tournaments I have participated in, and also the future ones I've signed up for.

And I agree that sum and username should be closer - one option would be to put the sum at both the left and right of the scores; another would be to have either the username or sum stay visible no matter how the rest of the table was scrolled.
NF player. Best scores 1-10-39.
EWQMinesweeper

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

automated email notifications to participants of a tournament if the date or time is changed
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

It has been a while since I started this thread - thanks for the feedback!

qqwref, that actually existed already (under that same name!), it was (and still is) the default tournament page (https://scoreganizer.net/tournaments) (if you were logged in, of course). I added a link to the menu, and changed the ordering so that now more recent stuff is on top.
I also added a link to tournaments that are in progress at the moment. Together, this means that all important tournaments are very easy to find now.

I also added pagination for tournament lists and score lists.

EWQMinesweeper, babz, I like your suggestions a lot, they are not forgotten - contrarily, they are close to the top of my to-do-list.

(edit: new url)
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

lh posted this in the Guestbook:
@Tommy Hi Tkolar, is it possible for our normal users in Scoreganizer to create a tournament ranked by summing over top x,y,z 3bv/s instead of top x,y,z time for Beg, Int, Exp games? I think it is a bit boring to take only sum time for the consideration of those active rankings.
Copying it here for future reference.
gacord

Post by gacord »

how can i contact you directly and immediately? i have several big ideas :D
pauv

Post by pauv »

I can't look into players' statistic from tournament page directly now. I can only click "My Statistics" and change the name on the link.
ID of msinfo: 3819
ID of saolei: 3706
ID of "League of Minesweeper": 36532
ID of WoM: 770798
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

gacord: thomaskolar90 ä t gmail.com
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Also, if you want to chat, I can offer gtalk (gmail address), IRC (tkolar), skype (thomaskolar90), or XMPP (tkolar@jabber.metalab.at).

I appear online much more often than I really am on all of these, so if I don't reply immediately, I'll get back later.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

A new version of scoreganizer is here!

It looks very different, and I changed quite a bit in the background - it's running on django 1.11 instead of 1.8 now.

Also, there's a new feature that isn't finished yet, and therefore not accessible via any link on the site - but I'll just leave this here: https://scoreganizer.net/streaming/watc ... lay/121937
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Yet another scoreganizer update!

It hopefully fixes the problem mentioned in this tweet:
https://twitter.com/ralokt/status/945835032496746496

There is a new, experimental client that should work without any funky hostname changing shenanigans.

Details:
https://scoreganizer.net/info/client_instructions
https://scoreganizer.net/info/client_instructions_win
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

sc_zh_teaser.png
sc_zh_teaser.png (10.13 KiB) Viewed 13047 times
Things are happening!

P.S.:
Alternate names that don't come from Google Translate are very welcome :D
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

A Scoreganizer update has been released!

Everything (tm) has now been translated to German, and it is possible to switch between English and German.

Now, of course, the number of German-speaking sweepers (that I know of) that don't also speak English is very small, so this change probably won't help many people - it's just the other language I happen to speak. But what is exciting about this is that translating Scoreganizer to any other language is now mostly just a matter of creating a translation file for that language. So, very soon, I will be asking the community to submit their translations for languages I can't speak, and hopefully Scoreganizer can be an international Minesweeper tournament platform deserving of that name!

Besides that, this update changed a lot of other things under the hood - Scoreganizer is now running on Python 3. Since Python 3 isn't compatible with Python 2, there is quite a bit that had to change for this to happen, including on the server.

This also means that I now have a huge blocker for future development out of the way, and there are a couple of ideas I'd like to put into action soon. So, stay tuned!

Happy Sweeping,
Tommy
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

There has been a small Scoreganizer update - the tournament creation form doesn't require users to input formatted dates into a single text field.

Instead, there are fields for dates and times, and on all new browsers, the date fields should show a datepicker. Also, the labels for those fields are now properly translated.

I'm hoping that this change will make it easier for people to just go and create tournaments instead of having to spend time figuring out how the form works :)

Happy Sweeping,
Tommy
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

There has been a huge update - Scoreganizer now supports Arbiter!

Also, you don't need to use the official client anymore - there is also a form that you can use to upload your games manually. This is currently the only way to upload arbiter replays, but works for vsweep as well. Note that you still have to prove that you played a game as part of a tournament, so you have to manually configure arbiter (or vsweep) to include your tournament key, and upload your replay in time.

Also - chinese translations are almost done, and will follow shortly!
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Shortly is now (well, earlier tonight) - Scoreganizer is now available in Simplified Chinese!

I'd like to express my deepest gratitude to 濮天羿(Tian-Yi Pu), 毛涤尘(Di-Chen Mao) and 翁逸杰(Yi-Jie Weng) for the translations - Scoreganizer was always meant to be not just a tool to host tournaments, but also to bridge the gap between players who live far apart and can't feasibly travel to meet at in-person tournaments. Accessibility is an important aspect of this goal, and it brings me great joy to have smashed that particular language barrier!

Incidentally, I don't intend to stop there. Not everyone can read English, Chinese or German. The reason why Scoreganizer isn't available in other languages is solely a lack of translators, so if Scoreganizer isn't available in your language and you wanna change that, please feel very free to contact me :)
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

There is a release candidate for a new version of the scoreganizer client that I would like to release into the wild!

It replaces the command line interface with a GUI, hopefully increasing usability.

It also comes with release candidates for new vsweep and MBH versions that support all characters on the basic multilingual plane.

It would be great if YOU (tm) tried it, any feedback is welcome - if you try it and find nothing wrong, that is also valuable info as it confirms that everything works!

I've attached the windows version - there is also a linux binary, but that is somehow too big to attach here, so I'll find another way to put it online soon.
Attachments
scoreganizer_client_bdist-0.10.0rc5-AMD64-windows.zip
(20.13 MiB) Downloaded 147 times