PSA: Scoreganizer server maintenance tonight

Area to discuss development and bugs of official clones (Clone, Arbiter, MSX, Viennasweeper)
Tommy

PSA: Scoreganizer server maintenance tonight

Post by Tommy »

Hi everyone,

Martin Prebio (bountin) and I will upgrade server infrastructure tonight, meaning that there might be some small uptime hiccups. They shouldn't take too long, though, and everything should work as before soon.

Nonetheless, if there are any problems that don't go away within 30 minutes, write me an Email at thomaskolar90 -at- gmail.com

Happy sweeping,
Tommy

EDIT: I'll also do my best to have scoreganizer running when the "A Long Game (iEspresso)" tournament ends so that the scores can be uploaded.
Don't anthropomorphize computers - they don't like it.
pauv

Re: PSA: Scoreganizer server maintenance tonight

Post by pauv »

I have a problem that if I solve a game before the competition ends, and after that when I check the high score I find it's not successfully uploaded because of connection problem, I can't restart my client and then make my game uploaded since the competition is already finished. This often happens in the latest minutes of the competition, busy playing and not checking whether I'm online or not :shock: so some nice scores die in my hardware...I hope you can design certain kind of reuploading mechanics.

BTW do you have any idea which person iEspresso is? He is too fast!
ID of msinfo: 3819
ID of saolei: 3706
ID of "League of Minesweeper": 36532
ID of WoM: 770798
Tommy

Re: PSA: Scoreganizer server maintenance tonight

Post by Tommy »

pauv wrote:I have a problem that if I solve a game before the competition ends, and after that when I check the high score I find it's not successfully uploaded because of connection problem, I can't restart my client and then make my game uploaded since the competition is already finished. This often happens in the latest minutes of the competition, busy playing and not checking whether I'm online or not :shock: so some nice scores die in my hardware...I hope you can design certain kind of reuploading mechanics.
Problem is, that check is part of the validation. If I allow uploads later, it would be extremely easy to submit scores that were played after the tournament is over. This is impossible to tell apart because it's possible to change the system time to make the videos look exactly the same as ones that were played during the tournament.

I could imagine maybe adding some kind of flashing red warning when I make a GUI version of the client so that it's always possible to at least try to get a connection before the tournament ends.
pauv wrote: BTW do you have any idea which person iEspresso is? He is too fast!
No, but I'd like to know, too!
Don't anthropomorphize computers - they don't like it.