It was not meant to be.

Anything to do with minesweeper...

It was not meant to be.

Postby NCKSweeper » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:06 am

This will probably be my last game for awhile, I don't think I'll be able to play without bemoaning my miss on this agonizing 50/50!
Screenshot below and full replay in my directory.

http://imgur.com/0m7XcMG

:shock: :(

Nathanael K.
NCKSweeper
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:57 am

Re: It was not meant to be.

Postby Tommy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:22 pm

Wow, that is bitter as fuck :(
Don't anthropomorphize computers - they don't like it.
User avatar
Tommy
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Vienna

Re: It was not meant to be.

Postby DMarden » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:34 pm

NCKSweeper wrote:This will probably be my last game for awhile, I don't think I'll be able to play without bemoaning my miss on this agonizing 50/50!
Screenshot below and full replay in my directory.

http://imgur.com/0m7XcMG

:shock: :(

Nathanael K.


You know the worst thing? You didn't even need to guess.
DMarden
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:43 pm

Re: It was not meant to be.

Postby EWQMinesweeper » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:42 pm

DMarden wrote:You didn't even need to guess.


I don't see it. Please explain.
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“
EWQMinesweeper
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: It was not meant to be.

Postby CBright » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:20 pm

DMarden wrote:You know the worst thing? You didn't even need to guess.

Not true - the (3,1) square must be free, but that doesn't actually help you because the remaining open squares remain a 50/50.
CBright
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:53 pm

Re: It was not meant to be.

Postby DMarden » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:52 pm

Admittedly, yes, it is a 50-50 guess. My comment was made tongue-in-cheek because, given the very high density and the fact that minesweeper places a mine in the top-left corner if your first click is on a mine, you would have had far better odds choosing the non-corner square over the corner square.
DMarden
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:43 pm

Re: It was not meant to be.

Postby Tommy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:08 pm

DMarden wrote:Admittedly, yes, it is a 50-50 guess. My comment was made tongue-in-cheek because, given the very high density and the fact that minesweeper places a mine in the top-left corner if your first click is on a mine, you would have had far better odds choosing the non-corner square over the corner square.


Not in Arbiter. Or do you mean if it had been Winmine?
Don't anthropomorphize computers - they don't like it.
User avatar
Tommy
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Vienna


Return to Minesweeper Stuff

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron