Largest solved boards

Anything to do with minesweeper...
CBright

Largest solved boards

Post by CBright »

I was contacted by someone who is running Minesweeper X on a gigantic screen (their boards have nearly 200,000 squares). To reach an expert density they actually need more mines than MSX currently allows, so I'll be providing an update for that.

They wanted to know what the largest solved board with expert density was. The best record I could find was on youtube. Anyone know if this record still holds, or if there is a ranking for really large boards? Thanks!
EWQMinesweeper

Re: Largest solved boards

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

There have been a few wild claims of larger boards being won but this is the biggest board for which a full video of a successful solve exists. Thus I still consider it to be the largest board to be ever won.

200 000 squares sounds great though and I'd love to try this. Good luck to them and if they ever solve it, I have to see the replay (or rather a screencap video because it obviously wouldn't fit on my screen). I would totally watch all of it at normal playing speed.
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“
CineMassive150

Re: Largest solved boards

Post by CineMassive150 »

Hi there! We are the company that reached out to CBright about running Minesweeper on a gigantic screen. CineMassive is a video wall solutions company, so our team is always interested to see how games and applications designed for PCs will scale on our multi-HD displays. To our knowledge, this is the largest Minesweeper game ever created!

We have just launched our event - the Minesweeper Super Challenge - in which we'll be offering 10 players remote playing time on a 16xHD video wall.

If you’d like a shot at the game, head to our sign-up page: https://www.cinemassive.com/minesweeper ... challenge/