Some issues of Arbiter 0.51

Anything to do with minesweeper...
kevin6625

Some issues of Arbiter 0.51

Post by kevin6625 »

As our Chinese minesweeper website saolei.wang changed the minesweeper software into Arbiter, Chinese minesweeper players have enjoyed this bug free version compared with clone 0.97. In fact, before this dramatic change, there was a vote of "which official software will you choose after clone 0.97 is banned", and most Chinese people had chosen Arbiter at that time. Moreover, the statistic window and multi-language option of Arbiter really benefited a lot of Chinese players.
However, there are still some minor issues of this new version Arbiter 0.51, one is the problem of playback, which is not the problem of clone 0.97, another is the "hack" detection of this version, the other is the issue of saving AVF video files. I think it is necessary to put forward these issues to the forum, because not all the Chinese players could describe these problems due to the language difficulties.

Let's talk about the first issue. During the playback, if we wish to see just one period of time, for example, from 23 to 25 second, we couldn't drag the progress bar directly to that place and watch it. The only way we could do it is to click the "play" button, and let the progress bar rolling over to that place to see it. Yeah, it is a practical solution to drag the speed bar to 5.00x in order to fast forward it to the right place, but I don't think it is a satisfactory way to do it when you are watching some Expert games. If the developer could do some changes in the playback function in later versions, I think more Chinese players will like it, including one of my friend on the Chinese minesweeper forum, who likes watching other people's minesweeper videos, instead of play it because he is partially retired. (I don't believe that "switching to clone 2007 to watch AVF videos" is a good excuse for it.)
Another problem of playback, if it were nothing serious, is that when the video has been played to the end and stops, if you hit the pause button, the timer will resume, and the counter window data will keep changing.

The next issue is the hack detection of this version, I'd to say this is making some Chinese players annoyed, including me. When I am playing minesweeper, sometimes the computer will stuck, and at the same time, there is something like "Hack found, goodbye!" happens, the same situation happened even when I closed the antivirus software and firewalls. Some of the other Chinese players have the same problem, but maybe for some different reasons, someone said "When I am left clicking the blocks, and missed to click a certain block while moving over it for more than three times, the software will pop out the hack-found dialog." I didn't ask him what happened, so I don't know what his problem is. I think there should be some improvement in how to avoid the misjudgment of the normal behavior as cheating, or if it couldn't be improved due to technical difficulties, the developer could give us some suggestions of how to effectively avoid this hack-found dialog from happening.

The next problem is about saving video files. When we manually save the video file when we break the record, the manually saved file couldn't be opened in Arbiter 0.51, but this file can be opened in clone 2007. There is no such problem in the automatically saved video file. The issue happened in a Chinese player one month ago, when he is uploading his Exp NF 44.68 video to saolei.wang.(He is just another miracle who created the second Int sub10 NF in China)

Just writing this for the developer's attention. If the developer could address these issues in the later version, it could be a more perfect official version for all the Chinese minesweeper players!

Thanks!
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Beg=0.74rt[NF] int=9.75rt[NF] exp=39.09rt[NF] (until 04/13/2020)
Cryslon

Re: Some issues of Arbiter 0.51

Post by Cryslon »

kevin6625 wrote:I think it is necessary to put forward these issues to the forum
Indeed it is. Thank you for your contribution.
During the playback, if we wish to see just one period of time, for example, from 23 to 25 second, we couldn't drag the progress bar directly to that place and watch it. (I don't believe that "switching to clone 2007 to watch AVF videos" is a good excuse for it.)
Why Clone 2007 isn't a good excuse? If the reason is .net and its general heaviness, you may consider Freesweeper as an AVF player.

I'll look at the code, and if it will not require much work to add a moveable slider, i'll do that for the next version.
Another problem of playback, if it were nothing serious, is that when the video has been played to the end and stops, if you hit the pause button, the timer will resume, and the counter window data will keep changing.
noted, will fix in the next version
The next issue is the hack detection of this version, I'd to say this is making some Chinese players annoyed, including me. I think there should be some improvement in how to avoid the misjudgment of the normal behavior as cheating, or if it couldn't be improved due to technical difficulties, the developer could give us some suggestions of how to effectively avoid this hack-found dialog from happening.
I suppose this is caused by the Windows time synchronization service. Try disabling it.
The next problem is about saving video files. When we manually save the video file when we break the record, the manually saved file couldn't be opened in Arbiter 0.51, but this file can be opened in clone 2007.
0.50 and 0.51 don't save correctly after you preview the video. The 44.68 video you mentioned seems to have been the product of this bug, and it will be fixed in the next version.

If you don't preview the video, but still get corrupted manually saved AVF, please show me the videos and describe what you did before getting the corrupt one.
Go IRC! (try mibbit)
KamilSaper

Post by KamilSaper »

once I got "Hack found, goodbye!" message too, it didn't happen in earlier versions
0.49 - 7.03 - 31.13
NF: 0.49 - 7.03 - 31.51
kevin6625

Post by kevin6625 »

Cryslon wrote:I suppose this is caused by the Windows time synchronization service. Try disabling it.
Thanks for your new version Arbiter 0.52, the slider is movable now, and there so such bug as "Hack found" while playing anymore.

However, this bug still happens often while I am trying to press "Ctrl+Z" to watch my replay, which is what never happened in the previous version when I am doing the same action. Hoping that you could fix it in the newer version.
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Beg=0.74rt[NF] int=9.75rt[NF] exp=39.09rt[NF] (until 04/13/2020)
Cryslon

Post by Cryslon »

kevin6625 wrote:bug still happens often while I am trying to press "Ctrl+Z" to watch my replay, which is what never happened in the previous version when I am doing the same action. Hoping that you could fix it in the newer version.
fixed this; and i believe that the proper thread to post stuff about Arbiter is this one.
Go IRC! (try mibbit)