Tetris Effect

Anything to do with minesweeper...
aradesh

Tetris Effect

Post by aradesh »

Been reading some wiki articles about various sleep disorders and hallucinations, and there is one called the "Tetris effect" . I think most players have experienced this with minesweeper where when you're falling asleep, you can see a minesweeper board and/or are playing minesweeper. Also minesweeper dreams are pretty common.

Now you know its medical name ^^
EWQMinesweeper

Re: Tetris Effect

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

Another 2009 Oxford study suggests that playing Tetris-like video games may help prevent the development of traumatic memories. If the video game treatment is played soon after the traumatic event, the preoccupation with Tetris shapes is enough to prevent the mental recitation of traumatic images, thereby decreasing the accuracy, intensity, and frequency of traumatic reminders.
:)
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“
Judith Sunrise

Post by Judith Sunrise »

Yeah, when your mind is doing integrals and minesweeper simultaneously, you'll probably won't be able to sleep. I know that from experience.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Oddly enough, I don't have this often [anymore]. But that is probably because I am pretty much done fundamentally and completely understanding patterns...
Don't anthropomorphize computers - they don't like it.