Is it a bug video?

Anything to do with minesweeper...
kevin6625

Is it a bug video?

Post by kevin6625 »

When I was watching a video of Ian Fraser's expert game 32.95 in Minesweeper Clone 2007, I happened to find that just 1 second before the game finished, the red timer shown on the top right suddenly turned from 33s to 32s...which seemed to be a bug...should the true time record be recalculated by some other ways or just keep it? Hope for someone who could explain it to me. (Not meant to offend anyone, just a little curious about it)
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Beg=0.74rt[NF] int=9.75rt[NF] exp=39.09rt[NF] (until 04/13/2020)
Cryslon

Re: Is it a bug video?

Post by Cryslon »

Minesweeper Clone 2007 can't read the AVF files.

Ian scored his 32.95 on Arbiter 0.47 debug 4, which writes realtime in the timestamp designed for human beings, but Clone seems to read this timestamp and treat it as a realtime+1. The later Arbiters write realtime+1 in the timestamp, so newer videos may be played correctly by the Clone. Nobody can't say for sure, because Clone isn't updated, and the way Clone treats AVF's suggests Rodrigo reverse-engineered AVF structure instead of receiving it from Rilian.
Go IRC! (try mibbit)
kevin6625

Re: Is it a bug video?

Post by kevin6625 »

Cryslon wrote:Minesweeper Clone 2007 can't read the AVF files.

Ian scored his 32.95 on Arbiter 0.47 debug 4, which writes realtime in the timestamp designed for human beings, but Clone seems to read this timestamp and treat it as a realtime+1. The later Arbiters write realtime+1 in the timestamp, so newer videos may be played correctly by the Clone. Nobody can't say for sure, because Clone isn't updated, and the way Clone treats AVF's suggests Rodrigo reverse-engineered AVF structure instead of receiving it from Rilian.

I'm coming too late. I'd tried it before and yes, it can read both MVF and AVF files in Clone 2007.
You seemed to give me a good answer to this: Clone counts from 1.00 so every video starts from 1.00, but the recorded time made by Arbiter was fixed, so the timer rewound just 1s when the game ended. Thanks for your explanation.
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Beg=0.74rt[NF] int=9.75rt[NF] exp=39.09rt[NF] (until 04/13/2020)