mouse mods

Anything to do with minesweeper...
aradesh

mouse mods

Post by aradesh »

What do people think about the concept of mouse modifications, and their legality in the game? I personally think they should be allowed, since it would just be using a "better mouse" for minesweeper.

Here are a few ideas I have in mind:
  1. A mouse split in two - part one does the movement, part two does the clicks. This way I could move the mouse with the right hand, click with the left. (perhaps allowing me extra coordination as the hand which is doing the movement doesn't also have to worry about the clicks)
  2. A left-click button split into two, so that two fingers (index+middle) can both click it easily, with each button built so that when you depress the second one with the first one already depressed, it releases the first one, so that you can perform more rapid clicks.
  3. A left-click button set up like a double-kick pedal for drums. In that a click is sent both up and down (like Elmar method, but mechanically done on the side of the mouse rather than on the software side. obviously no one will agree with this since its theoretically identical to elmar)
  4. A mouse on some physical grid with bumps in it, so that it kind-of slots into place, and the distance between grids corresponds to distance between minesweeper squares. I think if something like this was made well, it could potentially improves ones accuracy once used to it.
EWQMinesweeper

Re: mouse mods

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

a: that just like using a touchpad. absolutely fine.

b: elmar technique. at least too close to it. defintely not legal.

c: surprise: legal. a stronger spring under the mouse button would already have that effect. if b was carried out mechanically, b would be fine by me too.

d: i already thought about this for blindsweeping. no problem there.
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“