Reset mines and continue game to end

Anything to do with minesweeper...
bob54466

Reset mines and continue game to end

Post by bob54466 »

Does anyone know of a version of minesweeper where mines can be reset and the game played out to completion? This woule really be a boon to those recreational players who become frustrated when their game is ended by a foolish or inadvertant click
EWQMinesweeper

Re: Reset mines and continue game to end

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

i'll try to answer to what i understand (i'm already half asleep):

vista minesweeper allows you to replay the same board over and over again until you win.
minesweeper clone has an option in cheat mode to let you survive a certain number of blasts. clone also has options to replay games and even create your own mine layouts.

both ways are considered cheating, but if it's only for recreational playing clone should have the features you are looking for. actually, together with minesweeper x (which has fewer features but allows you to play the game with different skins (pacman and super mario skin look really nice)) clone should make casual playing the most fun of all minesweeper versions, as long as you don't take zombie minesweeer into account.

you can download minesweeper clone from minesweeper.info's main page.
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“
bob54466

Post by bob54466 »

Thanks for the reply.

I made the post because I have written a version of Minesweeper that permits mines to be reset and play to continue with no limit on the number of mines that can be reset. I wanted to see if there was any interest in a version like this for the recreational user.

Games all have ID numbers and can be replayed. Board sizes and number of mines can be input by user or generated by the program. All the other usual options are included.

A scoring system is based on the number of mines reset and the number of locations marked as mines that are not actually mines. The object being to finish a game with the lowest score as all resets and mismarked mines add to the score. A perfect game would have a score of zero. There is no timer but that could easily be added and worked into the sscoring system.

Keeping in mind that this program was written with the recreational user in mind, I would like to find out if there is any interes in making the program available thru this or any other Minesweeper forum?

Ivem called the program 'Minesweeper sans frustration'.
EWQMinesweeper

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

the vast majority of sweepers here are playing for speed and use the 4 versions that are accepted for the rankings.
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“