Using a laptop touchpad.

Anything to do with minesweeper...
Lunchb0x

Using a laptop touchpad.

Post by Lunchb0x »

I'm just curious if anyone else uses the touchpad to play minesweeper, I always play on my laptop and I'm too used to it now to switch. Do you think that the touchpad puts me at a advantage/disadvantage? Anyone have really good times with the touchpad?

Lately I average mid 80's on expert, I just broke my record with a 68.15 but I want to keep improving. My next goal is to get 2nd in the Canadian rankings by shaving another 2.5 seconds off my time.
EWQMinesweeper

Re: Using a laptop touchpad.

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

welcome to msinfo and to the minesweeper community,

generally the opinion is that using a touchpad puts you at a disadvantage, since your cursor movements are limited to rather small distances, compared to using a mouse, which allows you to cover longer distances relatively fast. if you have to solve a square at the other end of the board this can cost you quite some tenths of a second if not more. however, some sweepers have managed to get very good times using a touchpad (low 50's on expert by ian fraser, harryck repse) and harryck is on par with the top players in a game called nonosweeper, in which he is the only one using a touchpad.

iirc jonathan cook also plays with a touchpad.
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“
Judith Sunrise

Re: Using a laptop touchpad.

Post by Judith Sunrise »

I've played a lot on my laptop using the touchpad and I was very slow. That was the reason why I started playing NF. :)