Slack Team

Anything to do with minesweeper...
Tommy

Slack Team

Post by Tommy »

Hi all,

On a whim, I created a slack team for this community. It can be found at https://pro-minesweeper.slack.com .

On IRC, it's fairly easy to lose track of what's happening - if you log out and don't have a special setup, you lose access to discussions that take place when you aren't there, even if you do, reading logs is tedious, etc.

On Slack, you always see the complete chat history. Also, you get email notifications when people mention you, and it's generally much more likely that people manage to stay in touch.

Unfortunately, Slack doesn't allow open signup, however, I've invited a couple of people already and allowed any member to invite new people, so I hope that anyone who wants to join can do so quickly.

For now, anyone who would like to join can send me their email address (to thomaskolar90 ät gmail dot com), and I'll send them an invite.

Happy Sweeping,
Tommy
Don't anthropomorphize computers - they don't like it.
pauv

Re: Slack Team

Post by pauv »

Nice, and I have sent you an E-mail.
ID of msinfo: 3819
ID of saolei: 3706
ID of "League of Minesweeper": 36532
ID of WoM: 770798
cros107

Re: Slack Team

Post by cros107 »

Why use a service where you have to be invited by email? Such as discord, skype, etc. Does slack have any extra features that makes it worth the time it takes to ask for an invite?