Is Winmine no longer valid?

Anything to do with minesweeper...
gato_salvaje_europeo

Is Winmine no longer valid?

Post by gato_salvaje_europeo »

I didn't see a better forum for this so...

Is Winmine no longer valid? I recently got a computer with Windows 7 and there version is radically different with built-in cheats. It is almost like they are trying to stop the game from being played competitively. Is there any chance the earlier, valid versions of Winmine will come back in Windows 8?

Off-topic: When is Windows 8 set to released? And are there advantages to it? When is the one after that coming?

I should have posted this in General Talk. I'm new to this forum and didn't realize at first that it was indeed a Minesweeper subforum (and I am somewhat sleep deprived),
Last edited by EWQMinesweeper on Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts.
EWQMinesweeper

Re: Is Winmine no longer valid?

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

winmine isn't valid for official rankings anymore. (since 2007 iirc)
it's extremely unlikely that future winmine versions will be valid
no idea about release date of windows 8. maybe just google it?
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“
gato_salvaje_europeo

Post by gato_salvaje_europeo »

Has this led to a substantially wider use of minesweeper clones, even with people who formerly didn't use them? Also, I'm sort of surprised that the Int record has gone down to 7.5 from 10!! Are all clones equivalent (none easier than others, I would hope?)?
EWQMinesweeper

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

by the time winmine was declared illegal all serious sweepers were already using one of the clones, so there was no significant increase in clone users. all clones are all equally fast. otherwise it would be unfair ofc. they differ in the language they are programmed in and their statistics features.
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“