Need help

Anything to do with minesweeper...
pauv

Need help

Post by pauv »

I'm confused about the "Rilian Click". What is the definition of Rilian Click? Where did it come from? Why is it necessary? I find it on freesweeper's event window and haven't got any explanation on the forum (by searching).

Can anyone explain it? thanks. :D
ID of msinfo: 3819
ID of saolei: 3706
ID of "League of Minesweeper": 36532
ID of WoM: 770798
Cryslon

Re: Need help

Post by Cryslon »

Rilian click is when you, after making a chord by releasing the right mouse button, then release the left mouse button. It is called after Arbiter's author Rilian because in Arbiter versions prior to 0.45 this action counted as a left click (so if you made it above a closed cell, it was opened). As in original Winmine and other clones Rilian click is a no-op, this behavior of Arbiter caused quite heated discussions about whether such deviations may be allowed in an official clone.
Go IRC! (try mibbit)
pauv

Post by pauv »

Cryslon wrote:Rilian click is when you, after making a chord by releasing the right mouse button, then release the left mouse button. It is called after Arbiter's author Rilian because in Arbiter versions prior to 0.45 this action counted as a left click (so if you made it above a closed cell, it was opened). As in original Winmine and other clones Rilian click is a no-op, this behavior of Arbiter caused quite heated discussions about whether such deviations may be allowed in an official clone.
Nice! Thank you cryslon, that helps! :mrgreen:

BTW I have another question about freesweeper: when I was watching weijia's replay I noticed a guess click that was not shown on event window. Is my pattern knowledge wrong or is freesweeper not showing all guess event? :roll:
Attachments
Exp_NF_40.38_3BV=136_3BVs=3.36_Guo Weijia.avf
the example replay
(55.33 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
34.03-34.20 the number 5 guess
34.03-34.20 the number 5 guess
ScreenShot.png (30.1 KiB) Viewed 2831 times
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Fun fact: If I had used an old arbiter version to play my 46->42 score, it would have been a last-second blast due to a rilian click: http://www.minesweeper.info/members/fil ... 301007.avf

You can see it in action by watching the replay on old arbiter versions. I was pretty shocked when I did that by accident once XD
Don't anthropomorphize computers - they don't like it.
pauv

Post by pauv »

Tommy wrote:Fun fact: If I had used an old arbiter version to play my 46->42 score, it would have been a last-second blast due to a rilian click: http://www.minesweeper.info/members/fil ... 301007.avf

You can see it in action by watching the replay on old arbiter versions. I was pretty shocked when I did that by accident once XD
Yeah, interesting.

Just checked your score history, in the link of 64.70 123, a'f' is missing so the link doesn't work.