Statistical Indicators

Want to calculate something or share your results?
wylx

Statistical Indicators

Post by wylx »

I just started using Arbiter a few days ago and am rather impressed by all the different statistical measures existent. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything to explain what they stood for or what they meant. Specifically, could someone please explain to me what OBV, ZiNi, IsIs, ZNE, ZNT, and RQP are?
Cryslon

Re: Statistical Indicators

Post by Cryslon »

"Isls" is number of islands of connected 3BV.

ZiNi is described here. ZNE is ZiNi efficiency calculated as ZiNi divided by number of clicks. ZNT is ZiNi throughput calculated as ZiNi divided by number of efficient clicks.

RQP is a magical index: ((time+1)*time)/3BV. It is supposed to show the quality of the game, the lower the better.

OBV is a benchmark suggested by Schu, it is described eg here. It was included in Arb for testing purposes, but apparently it's not very good benchmark. We still wait for Schu to describe wtf those crazy coefficients mean.

(edit: fixed RQP formula)
Last edited by Cryslon on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go IRC! (try mibbit)
EWQMinesweeper

Re: Statistical Indicators

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

some more lines about the usefulness of the indices:

obv - useless
zini - better than 3bv but best in combination with 3bv. the bigger the difference, the more efficiently can you use double clicks.
znt - is for fl players what ioe is for nf-ers. a good znt is around 0.7-0.8
zne - never really cared for it.
rqp - don't really need it anymore...used to care about it, but that was several thousand games ago.
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“