2013 Minesweeper World Championship - When?

Ideas, info, suggestions and locations

On what weekend in September should the WCH take place in 2013?

6. (Friday) - 8. (Sunday)
31%
13. (Friday) - 15. (Sunday)
25%
20. (Friday) - 22. (Sunday)
25%
27. (Friday) - 29. (Sunday)
19%
September doesn't work out for me at all - how about June?
No votes

Total votes: 16

Tommy

2013 Minesweeper World Championship - When?

Post by Tommy »

Hi all,

I am starting to plan for the World Championship. A discussion on IRC narrowed eligible months down to June and September, with a strong preference for September, because that would be during my summer holidays (and I'd be much more likely to get a room in my university). For the sake of completeness, I decided to include a blanket June option - so if it turns out that most people prefer June, I'll organize it in June nevertheless.

For the record, for those who don't know: I live and study in Vienna now, and no longer in Zurich. So, just because I'm organizing again, doesn't mean that you need to visit the same city twice in order to attend! It also makes the stay quite a bit cheaper.

Happy sweeping!
Don't anthropomorphize computers - they don't like it.
aradesh

Re: 2013 Minesweeper World Championship - When?

Post by aradesh »

Hi Tommy. I'm not sure what my diary is for September yet, I know I have something going on around then so I'll endeavour to find out when I'm available. Probably all of those dates TBH.
EWQMinesweeper

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

99% likely to take part in september. can't make specific plans until early may 2013 though

for the record: it's sad that no one else has expressed willingness to host a tourny in 2013 yet
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Tommy gives this poll a slight nudge - a bump, almost. "Why are you so indecisive?", he asks.

I would like to fix the date for the world championship soon. It would be awesome if you voted ASAP, even if you can't provide a definitive yes or no - some people may want to buy plane tickets, and/or know in advance that they will have time and make that investment.
Don't anthropomorphize computers - they don't like it.
EWQMinesweeper

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

Tommy wrote:I would like to fix the winner for the world championship soon.
i volunteer ;)
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“
joni

Post by joni »

BUMP. September is getting close... Any decision taken on having a tournament, and which dates in that case?
EWQMinesweeper

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

joni wrote:BUMP. September is getting close... Any decision taken on having a tournament, and which dates in that case?
Tommy wrote:
Minesweeper World Championship 2013
========================================

Hi all,

I'm sorry that this message is so late, I was really tied up with university and work next to that during the semester.

I'm having trouble getting definitive confirmation for the room for the Championship. So this is NOT an official announcement.

The World Championship will MOST LIKELY be on September 7th, 2013 and September 8th, 2013, at UT Vienna.

Unless people say that they can't come because that would be on too short notice, in which case I'd maybe do it in November or December (perhaps in the christmas holidays?) instead, or has anyone booked for September yet?

In any case, sorry for the hassle, everyone!

Happy sweeping,
Tommy