New Active Ranking 2010

Want to change something on the site? Or add new features?
EWQMinesweeper

Re: New Active Ranking 2010

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

Don't hesitate any longer and more important don't forget to send your scores to the Active Ranking :D
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“
thefinerminer
Site Admin

Post by thefinerminer »

Hi guys, sorry if it looks like I ignored any of your many good suggestions.

About having many scores for each level: a ranking using 10 best int and 10 best expert (or some other number) would be great. It is too time consuming for the AR, but I would really like a new ranking for this. The Clone rankings on Planet Minesweeper had one, and if someone wants to help start a Clone/Arbiter ranking again I would be keen to support them....

Two weeks seems like a good compromise. People suggested many different time periods. Longer periods just become the same as the world ranking, shorter periods require extremely active players. Either 1 week or 2 weeks seemed the best, so I stuck with 2 for now since the original had it and it worked.

Penalties - 5s and 10s work very easily, but there are better ways to do this. It is like 3BV (very easy to understand, good guide but not perfect). Some of the alternatives are pretty complicated, especially to program. If instead of penalties a player is dropped immediately for not sending scores, it would ruin the entire year for a top player. (If I did not submit I could lose 20 points, which would be very difficult to recover - even if I beat Fritz 20 times he would still rank ahead of me). So there must be some kind of penalty. For now I took the easy route and did the original way, but keep discussing this please.

Best of luck guys, keep up your suggestions.
EWQMinesweeper

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

instead of 5s and 10s penalty i'd suggest 5 and 10 positions penalty
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“