many ideas

Suggest ideas for the World Ranking
babz

many ideas

Post by babz »

Hello everyone, here are some ideas or questions i have :

- Make a legend to know what a color means in rankings, and explain why there are times accepted on 9*9 beginner.
- And why scores on minesweeper 98 or XP are accepted, scores made before a date are accepted but not anymore after or something?

- Explain somewhere what is the first column in the 3BV/s ranking - the weighted sum -

- Why Ian Fraser is under the England flag whereas Robert Royals in under the UK flag, it's the same for other player in England or Wales.
The country ranking is for UK, so why appear for just England?
It's like the states flag of californie appears in stead of the flag of the USA flag, but it's not the case.

- Update the download section with the latest version of arbiter.
wylx

Re: many ideas

Post by wylx »

Note: I'm a fairly new person in the minesweeper community myself, and the following is just to my knowledge—I'll try to answer some questions since these aren't answered yet, but I might slip in a few places.

I know green means verified with a video; all other colors represent less-strong verifications. I believe black means completely unverified.

There was a point in time when 98 and XP scores were accepted, just like there was a time when a video was not required.

As for the other points, I guess I wouldn't be able to answer them. :)
babz

Re: many ideas

Post by babz »

I got answer from damien when I was on IRc, but it would be better that these informations could be found somewhere on the site by anybody. Maybe on the rules page.