weird scores and sums at the end of country rankings

Report mistakes on the Ranking
EWQMinesweeper

weird scores and sums at the end of country rankings

Post by EWQMinesweeper »

i just had a closer look the the german and austrian country ranking and noticed that the single scores and sums of the last few players just cannot be correct. sums above 200 or a 24 on expert for example.
„Das perlt jetzt aber richtig über, ma sagn. Mach ma' noch'n Bier! Wie heißt das? Biddä! Bidddää! Biddddäää! Reiner Weltladen!“
thefinerminer
Site Admin

Re: weird scores and sums at the end of country rankings

Post by thefinerminer »

Thanks, I fixed this a few days ago.

You will see scores above 6-35-99 are on the country rankings. I was keeping this quiet, but my plan is to automate the site in the next few months, and then allow any video score on the rankings. I have looked at the success of the China ranking, and my experiments with some new players show this will encourage more people to play the game and join the site. Many new players with 'bad' scores leave and don't come back, but the players this year I let join anyway are already improving their scores.

I think if I had done this from the beginning, we would have 50,000+ members on the site, bigger tournaments and more competition. But I need to automate scores submission first!